I prepared for winter running….
This is one of the first years I never really thought about. 2012 was the biggest year of my life so far…I haven’t looked passed it. At the beginning of 2012, I made my resolutions and threw them up on my personal blog (does exist, but used rarely). Let’s see how I did, shall we?
2011 has been a very interesting year for me, I’m ready for it to end. I have some big plans for 2012. Lets see;
- Turn 18 — This is a given.
- Graduate High School —- Yeppers, did that.
- Get my drivers license and a car —— Yay, another “accomplishment”
- Start my video production company ——- Failed, didn’t do this.
- Lose weight and get in shape (projectgofitness.tumblr.com) —— Partially, I started running, ran 2 5ks, and have made progress, although I haven’t lost weight.
- Start College —— Yes ma’am.
- Take advantage of opportunities —— I don’t know if I did this…so no?
- Be less sarcastic —- This is impossible.
- Do my hair more often—— This is also impossible.
- Give my friends full support/Be a better friend —- I actually think this went the opposite way, I have gotten much busier and feel like I’ve been pushing friends away.
- Find my dad a house and get him a dog —- Unexpectedly moved to Chicago and is much happier, therefore, mission accomplished.
- Go to Los Angeles to see my future habitat —- Nope, I didn’t, but I went to Chicago and Seattle! Chicago may be my future habitat!
- Love life even when it doesn’t love me —— I haven’t been taking things so seriously.
- Choose to be happy ——- ^^^^^^
- Inspire and motivate others ——- I’d like to think that I’ve done this by doing this blog and putting my health journey out there, that I have inspired and motivated others.
Starting some new resolutions.
- I really want to be down to around 150lbs or less.
- Run 6 5ks.
- Make 2 short films (hopefully more..)
- Move to Chicago for the summer and get an internship.
- Get a pixie haircut (I don’t think I will look good with one, but It’s something I want to do.)
- Read 1 book a month. (This is going to be so challenging.)
- Get nothing lower than a C in all of my classes.
- I need to be nicer. It’s just so hard with all of the stupidity.
- COOK MORE. Learn healthy recipes and learn how to cook.
- Save money. This will be the hardest. I’d like to have $600 in my savings by the end of 2013. Right now it’s 0…
- OH WAIT, I FORGOT ONE. I started a new blog. If you couldn’t tell, I’m a film/video major. Not only that, but I also love movies. So I decided to make a list of my favorite movies on http://tiffanyslist.tumblr.com/. I will be posting one movie a day (or at least trying to…)
And I think I’m going to leave it at that. Of course this blog will be more focused on the health/running/weight loss aspect. So stick around, and we’ll have a party.
Day uno. (The start-over).
I’m considering this a start over. I fell off the wagon and got ran over. So here is day one. Again.
I’m really disappointed in myself. I was getting to the point where running 2 miles was getting easy for me. If I went out right now, a mile would be tough.
My gym went out of business, it’s been cold out, I’ve been busy with school and work, and even if I’m not at school or work, I’m exhausted. But those are all excuses.
This time is going to be slightly different. I was focusing on running. I love running, in a love-hate kind of way. However, I want to join the YMCA. If, for some reason, you don’t know what that is, it’s like a gym/pool/sport center. There are a lot of activities to do there. From the website, I will have access to:
- Seven indoor and two outdoor pools
- Ten fitness centers with new, state-of-the-art equipment
- Nine gyms
- Climbing wall
- Five indoor walking/jogging tracks
- Tennis, racquetball and volleyball courts
So here is what my new plan is going to be.
- Of course, choose the healthier choices when eating.
- Running 1-2 days a week
- Swimming one day a week
- Spinning one day a week
- Maybe Raquetball one day a week?
- Strength training one day a week (push ups, pull ups, weights…)
- One free day to do whatever exercise I want (Probably running outside because I love it, it makes me feel healthier more than anything.)
- I also really like climbing, but I like bouldering (not really belaying), so I will probably climb the wall a few days a week so that when I start bouldering in the summer I will have strength.
I was weighing in once a month so that I didn’t become obsessed with the scale, but I will be starting to weigh in every Monday morning, starting today.
My official first weigh in: 202.0 lbs
So then I’m switching it up and staying active throughout the week. Let me know what you think of this… it sounds grand to me.
I’m disappointed with myself. Its been about a year since I’ve started this blog and started to get serious about health. Here I am, a year later, still hovering at around 197lbs. Nothing….wow. I have had some small successes, like building up my running stamina and obtaining the skill of getting over the first few minutes of working out, but that’s it. I’m so disappointed. Seriously? I’m going to say it, I thought I’d be skinny by now. Yes, I want to be healthy, but I’m not going to lie, of course I want to look good. I’m not saying that overweight people don’t look good, I just don’t have the confidence to put forth the effort to look good. Its just depressing.
In result, I will be 160lbs by my birthday (July 20). I refuse to accept anything less. Now I do not swear, but in this case typing, I will make an exception. I’m going to work my ass off. Literally and figuratively.
And yes, you may expect me to blog about it.
Please go for a run, do it for me, and because you can. Run to relieve your stress and find some clarity, to accomplish something people told you couldn’t and prove to them you can. Run to look good, but even better to feel good. Run for so you can experience the excitement of oxygen…
Guys, I’m back. I’ve really missed running although it’s only been like a month, but it’s been so long! I can’t believe it. You don’t realize how much smaller you got until you gain it all back :/ Anyway, I’m motivated once again and here we go. Running a 5k at the end of November, les do eht.
How are you guys doing with your healthy lifestyle? I haven’t been doing very bad. I’m still running! I just haven’t been posting about it :) Seriously, how ya doing?
SHAYTEMBER. Join us :)
Anyone else a SUPER big supporter of shaycarl/shaytards? I am, have been for a while, and this makes me even more. Seriously, watch it! Fitblrs/Runners/ and People who want to lose weight. He lost over 100lbs, ran 2 marathons and ran 1 half marathon.
Do you guys know how good it feels? After eating so bad the past few weeks, eating healthy the past 2 days feel amazing. Why don’t I do this all of the time?
Goal: Jog 3 miles on the treadmill by the end of September.
Goal: Get into the 180’s by the October 1st weigh in
Goal: Workout 5 times a week
I actually started college and got a job so these goals might be a little harder to reach. One step at a time!
I also initiated my new “diet”. It is a 2% raw diet. That’s sarcastic, but it’s really loose usage of “raw”. Fruits, vegetables, wheat bread, chicken and turkey (not lunch meat, the ones I have to cook myself ha), brown rice, whole wheat pasta, nuts, water, 100% pure juice - Naked Juice, Skim milk, some cereal (Cheerios, life…the better choices of cereal) CHEATS: cheese (little amounts), sauces/condiments.
As you can see, it really can’t be counted as “raw”. I will be allowing myself one free day, Saturday, because that’s the day I’m with my dad or out with friends. This isn’t a day to go crazy, but allow myself any dinner I’d like and probably a dessert.