Day uno. (The start-over).
I’m considering this a start over. I fell off the wagon and got ran over. So here is day one. Again.
I’m really disappointed in myself. I was getting to the point where running 2 miles was getting easy for me. If I went out right now, a mile would be tough.
My gym went out of business, it’s been cold out, I’ve been busy with school and work, and even if I’m not at school or work, I’m exhausted. But those are all excuses.
This time is going to be slightly different. I was focusing on running. I love running, in a love-hate kind of way. However, I want to join the YMCA. If, for some reason, you don’t know what that is, it’s like a gym/pool/sport center. There are a lot of activities to do there. From the website, I will have access to:
- Seven indoor and two outdoor pools
- Ten fitness centers with new, state-of-the-art equipment
- Nine gyms
- Climbing wall
- Five indoor walking/jogging tracks
- Tennis, racquetball and volleyball courts
So here is what my new plan is going to be.
- Of course, choose the healthier choices when eating.
- Running 1-2 days a week
- Swimming one day a week
- Spinning one day a week
- Maybe Raquetball one day a week?
- Strength training one day a week (push ups, pull ups, weights…)
- One free day to do whatever exercise I want (Probably running outside because I love it, it makes me feel healthier more than anything.)
- I also really like climbing, but I like bouldering (not really belaying), so I will probably climb the wall a few days a week so that when I start bouldering in the summer I will have strength.
I was weighing in once a month so that I didn’t become obsessed with the scale, but I will be starting to weigh in every Monday morning, starting today.
My official first weigh in: 202.0 lbs
So then I’m switching it up and staying active throughout the week. Let me know what you think of this… it sounds grand to me.